We are committed to providing excellent services, resources and facilities to support teaching and research at Northumbria University. We believe all our customers have a right to expect an excellent experience every time they use Library Services.
If you have a comment or suggestion about any aspect of the Library’s services you can use the Feedback form. If you find something isn’t working you can let us know by using the ‘Something not working?’ form.
Your University Library's Service Standards
- Treat you with respect, courtesy and fairness at all times
- Provide a helpful and friendly service responsive to your needs
- Provide a range of study environments in a pleasant and welcoming setting in which you can work
- Make available appropriate materials, information resources and training to support your studies and research, in a variety of formats
- Provide a simple and intuitive search facility that enables you to find and acess the resources you require
- Publicise our range of resources and services using a variety of media, and provide other key information in a timely manner
- Respond promptly to minimise any loss of service due to technical faults
- Provide feedback mechanisms for your comments and suggestions to help us improve our services to you
- Consider your comments and suggestions during our annual service planning to improve Library services and space where we can
- Provide feedback on actions taken in response to your comments and suggestions
- Treat staff and fellow users with respect, courtesy and fairness at all times
- Use the designated study zones appropriately e.g. silent study, group discussion, and act with considerations for other customers
- Treat Library facilities and resources with respect
- Accept responsibility for your personal property and use shared study space considerately
- Inform staff of any problems with computers, printers, physical or online services and any other equipment
- Share your comments or suggestions regarding Library resources and services, to help us become the service that you need us to be
- Follow the standard regulations of the Library, particularly:
- Always carry your Smartcard, you must have your Smartcard to access the physical Library spaces.
- Do not lend your Smartcard to anyone else; you are responsible for all items on your Library account.
- Return or renew materials you borrow on time and pay fines promptly.
- Do not eat or bring hot food into any of the Libraries.
- Use your mobile with consideration for other customers.
Full details of the regulations relating to Library Services can be found in the Handbook of Student Regulations, which forms part of your agreement with the University.
|1. We will achieve at least a 90% satisfaction rating on Question 16 ('The library resources and services are good enough for my needs') in the National Student Survey (NSS)|
|2. We will be open for at least 99% of our advertised opening hours, during semester or term time.|
|3. We will respond to all feedback, enquiries and complaints sent through ‘Your Library, Your Say’ within 7 days (where contact details are provided).|
|4. We will investigate all faults reported through ‘Something gone wrong?’ within 1 working day* and will respond to all issues reported within 3 working days* (where contact details are provided)|
|5. We will reshelve 90% of all returned books and books left on desks within 24 hours|
|6. Where requested through Recommend a book, books that support current teaching and research interests will be ordered within 3 working days*|
|7. We will process at least 90% of Inter Library Loan requests within 3 working days* of receiving the request|
|8. We will ensure 100% of Reading List items are available for the start of the module, where the module tutor has submitted their Reading List for review at least 6 weeks beforehand|
|9. Where we can't resolve your query at first point of contact, you will receive a response within 1 working day*|
* A working day is defined as Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm. Bank holidays and institutional closure days are not working days.