Northumbria University is a research-rich, business-focused, professional university with a global reputation for academic excellence.
The University Library exists to support the University’s mission to create and apply knowledge for the benefit of individuals, communities and the economy, and achieves this by developing and delivering a comprehensive range of academic library services to support learning and research across Northumbria as part of the University’s Corporate Strategy 2013-18 and Vision 2025.
Our services are shaped by student feedback and academic engagement, and developed and delivered through our ‘Digital First’ framework. Our professional librarians and expert teams provide:
- Comprehensive multidisciplinary scholarly research collections which are discoverable and accessible at the point of need and on demand across print and digital services
- Library spaces designed and managed as unique learning and research environments that meet the current needs of students and staff
- Instruction and training in information and digital literacies, study skills, and research skills
- Support for scholarly publication, Open Access and bibliometrics
- Expert advice, information, guidance, and consultancy
Ask4Help, the single frontline and enquiry service for the University Library, the Careers and Employment Service, and Student Support and Wellbeing, is available online and at all our libraries.
The University Library has held the UK Government Customer Service Excellence (CSE) standard since 2010, and is ranked joint highest scoring academic library in the UK by the Times Higher Student Satisfaction Survey 2016.